Mutton Fry Recipe
- 500 gms Mutton (Goat meat with bones)
To be pressure cooked with:
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic Paste
- 200 ml Water
- 2 medium Onions (sliced-150 gms)
- 2 nos. Green Chillies (halved & slit)
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Fennel Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder (Spice Eats Garam Masala Powder)
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Pepper
- 4 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pressure cook the mutton pieces with the items indicated for 4 whistles. Alternatively, add all the items in a pan & cook covered on low heat for 45-60 mins till the meat is tender.
- Once the meat is tender, strain the pieces and set the mutton stock aside for use later.
- Slice the onions and cut the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan. Add the curry leaves and give a stir. Add the cut green chillies & again stir.
- Now add the sliced onions and fry on medium heat for 10 mins till light brown.
- Add the strained boiled mutton pieces (without the stock) and mix & fry on high heat for around 2 mins.
- Add the Red Chilli powder, mix & fry on medium heat for 1 min.
- Now add the mutton stock and mix & fry on high heat for 7-8 mins. Fry till the liquid nearly dries up.
- Add the coriander, fennel, Garam masala powders & crushed pepper, mix and add a splash of water (2 tbsp).
- Fry on medium heat for 3-4 mins till the masala coats the mutton pieces well.