- Boneless chicken cut into thin strips- 250 gms
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste- 3/4 tsp
- Egg- 1 small
- Cornflour- 4 tbsp
- Garlic chopped- 2 tbsp
- Green chillies slit- 5
- Curry leaves- 15 leaves
- Coriander leaves chopped- 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves chopped- 1 tbsp
- Whisked curd/yogurt- 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce- 3/4 tsp
- Refined oil- 1.5 tbsp + oil for deep frying the battered chicken
- Cut the boneless chicken into strips and marinate with the items specified. Set aside for 30 mins to an hour.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan.
- Deep fry the chicken strips in batches.
- Drop the chicken pieces one by one to not crowd the pan. Do not stir for 1 minute.
- Stir & fry on medium heat for around 3-4 mins till golden. Remove and set aside.
- Chop the coriander and mint leaves and slit the green chillies. Whisk the curd/yogurt till smooth.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir for around 15 secs.
- Add the slit green chillies and stir for another 15 secs on medium heat.
- Add the curry leaves, give a stir and reduce heat to low.
- Add the turmeric, red Chilli and coriander powder. Mix and give a stir and then add the whisked curd. Mix and cook on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the soy sauce, give a mix and then add the fried chicken strips.
- Mix and fry on medium heat for around 2 minutes. Add a splash of water if required to coat it with the masala.
- Add the chopped coriander and mint leaves and give mix. Stir fry on medium heat for 1 min till the pieces get coated well.
- Serve as an appetizer