Special Masala Chicken Recipe
- 500 gms Chicken (medium sized pieces with bones)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
Spice Masala Paste:
- 8 nos. Almonds
- 1/2 tbsp Poppy seeds (Khus khus)
- 3 nos. Green Cardamom
- 3 nos. Cloves
- 2 nos. Cinnamon- 2 (1 inch pieces)
- 4 nos. Dry Red Chillies
- 1" pc Ginger (chopped)
- 6-7 nos Garlic (cloves)
- 2 medium Onions (Sliced, fried golden and crushed in a blender)
- 2 small Tomatoes (sliced, 100 gms)
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder ( Spice Eats Garam Masala Powder)
- 4 tbsp Refined Oil
- Clean, wash & keep the chicken pieces in a colander for the water to drain.
- Roast the Almonds, Poppy seeds, Green Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamon & Dry Red Chillies on low heat for 3 mins, remove and set aside to cool.
- Grind/blend it into a paste after adding chopped ginger and garlic cloves. Coarse grind it first and then blend it into a paste by adding 1/2 cup of water.
- Fry the sliced onions, set aside to cool and crush in a grinder/blender.
- Slice the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan or kadai.
- Add the chicken pieces, give a stir and fry on high heat for 3 mins till the chicken pieces change color. The chicken pieces will release water so allow that to dry up too.
- Now add 1 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and continue to fry on high heat for another 3 mins.
- Add the Spice Masala Paste, mix & fry on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Next add the coriander powder, mix & continue to bhunno on medium heat for 2-3 mins till masala coats the chicken pieces & oil separates.
- Add the sliced tomatoes, mix well & fry on medium heat for 2 minutes & then cook covered on low heat for 5 mins till tomatoes are soft. Open the cover & stir once in between.
- Add the crushed/powdered fried onions, mix and bhunno/simmer for another 2 mins on medium to low heat till oil separates.
- Add 250 ml water & 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, mix and cook covered on low heat for 15 mins till chicken is tender.