Sweet Corn Chicken Soup Recipe
For the Chicken Stock:
- 350 gms Chicken (mix of boneless & bone-in pieces)
- 1 litre Water
- 1 small Onion (quartered)
- 4 nos Garlic (garlic cloves, crushed)
- 2 nos. Bay Leaf
- 10 nos. Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1.5 cups Shredded boiled chicken (obtained from the Chicken Stock)
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 5 tbsp Sweet Corn Paste
- 2 nos. Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp Spring Onion Greens
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 5-6 tbsp Cornflour Slurry 3 tbsp cornflour in 3 tbsp water
- Take a pan and add all the items for the chicken stock. Mix and bring it to boil. Lower the heat and cover & cook on low heat for 30 mins.
- Strain the chicken stock, remove the chicken pieces and shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Take a pan and boil the fresh sweet corn for 15 mins. Remove, allow it to cool and remove the corn kernels.
- Take half of it in a blender and blend it into a paste by adding 1/2 cup water.
- Take out whites of 2 eggs and set aside.
- Chop the spring onion greens.
- Add the strained chicken stock into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add the sweet corn paste, shredded boiled chicken and the corn kernels. Mix it well and add the salt & white pepper powder.
- Cover & cook on low heat for 6-7 mins till the sweet corn paste is cooked.
- Add the corn slurry, mix it in and cook on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the spring onion greens and give a mix.
- Lastly add the egg whites slowly stirring constantly to scramble the egg whites. Stir in for a minute to form thin strings.
- Cook on low heat for 2 more mins. Serve hot.