Chicken Hakka Noodles Recipe
- 150 gms Chicken boiled and shredded (Boiled in water with salt and pepper powder)
- 1 pack Noodles 150 gms pack, sufficient for 2 persons
- 5-6 cloves Garlic chopped (around 2 tsp)
- 1 medium White onion thick sliced
- 3 nos. Green Chillies sliced
- 1 cup Carrots julienned
- 1 cup Cabbage shredded
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers julienned
- 3 tbsp Spring Onion Greens
- 2.5 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Refined Oil
- Slice the white onion into thick slices.
- Chop the garlic cloves, julienne/fine slice the carrots, capsicum (green bell peppers) and shred the cabbage.
- Chop the green portion of spring onions/scallions for garnish later.
- To boil the noodles, follow the instructions on the packet.
- Drain the boiled noodles in a colander and wash it with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and mix it well to coat the boiled noodles so that they don’t stick. Set it aside.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a wok.
- Add the chopped garlic and give a stir.
- Now add the thick onion slices and stir fry on high heat for 30 secs
- Add the sliced chillies, give a mix and sauté on high heat for another 30 secs.
- Now add the julienned/sliced carrots and the shredded cabbage, mix and sauté for 1 min on high heat.
- Add the boiled & shredded chicken pieces and give it a mix.
- Now add the julienned capsicum/green pepper, mix and sauté for 1 min on high heat.
- Add the boiled noodles and toss it with the chicken and veggies to combine everything.
- Add the dark soy sauce and vinegar and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Add salt, pepper powder and mix it well. Toss it on high heat for around 2 mins.
- Lastly garnish with spring onion greens, give a mix & serve hot.