In this Indo-Chinese version of the chicken lollipop, the chicken winglets are shaped into lollipops and then fried. For the drums of heaven these fried lollipops are tossed in a mix of schezwan sauce and tomato ketchup.
The succulent chicken lollipops glazed with the tangy sauce make this an irresistible starter for any meal.
Amritsari Fish Fry
- 500 gms Boneless Fish Basa, Cod, Haddock,Sole or Catfish fillets
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice
- 5 tbsp Besan Gram flour or Chickpea flour
- 3 tsp Rice Flour
- 3 tsp Corn Flour
- 3/4 tsp Ajwain Carom seeds
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 5 tbsp Water
- Wash and pat dry the boneless fish fillets. Cut them into 2” thick pieces.
- Place them in a bowl and add the items for the 1st marinade. Mix well and set aside for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, add the dry items for the 2nd marinade/ batter in another bowl and give a mix. Now add the water slowly and whisk it together to a smooth batter. Add the marinated fish pieces into the batter and turn them over to mix and coat the fish pieces with batter.
- Heat oil in an iron skillet or pan or kadai till medium hot.
- Drop the battered fish pieces one at a time in hot oil to not crowd the pan. Fry for 2 mins without stirring.
- Turn over the fish fillets and keep frying it for another 4-5 mins till golden. Fry till evenly brown and golden.
- Remove and repeat the same for the next batch.